People of Determination
ICA has been providing people of determination with several services to empower them and meet their needs and aspirations. It has also been working on enhancing employment prospects for people of determination and including them in different life and community activities and guarantee them dignified life and equal opportunities in all fields and services.
ICA is working to ensure people of determination are provided with access to information posted on its website:
- Direct support to obtain services by providing the virtual sign language assistant. This means that, when the user uses the pointer over a certain text, the avatar will translate the text into sign language.
- Text-to-speech service
- Listen to this page
- Change colors
- Night reading mode
Job opportunities for people of determination
ICA provides equal and fair job opportunities for citizens who are people of determination. It also provides appropriate training to polish their personal skills and enhance their role in building and developing the human capital.
Service for People of Determination in Customer Happiness Centers
- ICA provided guiding paths on the floor to direct people of determination with visual disabilities.
- Providing wheelchairs.
- Providing toilets dedicated to people of determination
- Providing lifts with large space for easy movement of wheelchairs
- Wide gates for easy access of wheelchairs.
- Parking areas dedicated to people of determination
Exemption from Urgent Service Fees
Elder people (70+ years old) unable to visit customer happiness centers in different emirates are exempted from urgent service fees in customer happiness centers, provided their age is proved by their family book, passport or any other document approved in the UAE and states the customer’s age.
No fingerprints taken when renewing IDs, if their fingerprints have been already taken:
Elder people (70+ years old) need no fingerprinting when they renew their ID cards, if their fingerprints have been already taken.
No delay fines for people 70+ year-old who are unable to visit customer happiness centers
Elder people (70+ years old) who are unable to visit customer happiness centers in different emirates are exempted from delay fines, provided their age is proved by their family book, passport or any other document approved in the UAE and states the customer’s age.