Renewal of the expired ID card is mandatory for all UAE residents in coincidence with the renewal of their residency in the country, as the ID card expiry date is connected to the residency.
- Original, a copy or details of the expired ID card.
- Original of the passport
- Original of the valid residency permit, a residency under renewal, or a valid residency for a person who has not renewed the ID card when the residency was issued.
- A personal photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) with a white background for those under 15 years old, the elderly, and people with determination whose health condition does not enable them to visit a service center, based on medical reports to that effect.
- Original of the birth certificate for those under 15 years old.
- Passport or UAE ID card of either parent (for those under 15 years old)
- Original of the diplomatic/consular card/membership card of international organizations for heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations existing in the country to be exempted from ID card issuance fees.
- A valid medical report from the Ministry of Health or UAE health authority to exempt people with determination or the elderly from ID card issuance fees.
- Original POA for the person acting on behalf of the customer, if the competent person is absent and the application is submitted by a third party
Details of the Fees
- AED 100: ID card issuance fees for 1 year
- AED 200: ID card issuance fees for 2 years
- AED 300: ID card issuance fees for 3 years.
- AED 40 Service Fees
- AED 150 Fees for Urgent Service.
- AED 30 Printing Offices Fees
Total ID card issuance fees per service category
Customer Happiness Centers
- 1 year: 150 + 40 + 100 = AED 290
- 2 years: 150 + 40 + 200 = AED 390
- 3 years: 150 + 40 + 300 = AED 490
E Form / Smart App
- 1 year: 40 + 100 = AED 140
- 2 years: 40 + 200 = AED 240
- 3 years: 40 + 300 = AED 340
- 1 year: 30+ 40 + 100 = AED 170
- 2 years: 30+ 40 + 200 = AED 270
- 3 years: 30+ 40 + 300 = AED 370
- Heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations existing in the UAE are exempt from ID card issuance fees.
- The customer shall be fined if he/she fails to submit the ID card renewal application within 30 days from its expiry date. The fine shall be AED 20 per every day of delay, up to AED 1,000. Customers who meet the requirements for exemption will be exempted from administrative delay fees by submitting an exemption application.
- The ID card is issued in 24 hours in case of registration through customer happiness centers (urgent service), after completing registration procedures by the customer.
- The ID card is issued within 5 working days in case of registration through other service channels, after completing registration procedures by the customer.
- Applications that cannot be processed for reasons ascribed to the customer(such as providing incomplete information or delay in payment) will be canceled within 120 days from the application date.
Call Center: 600530003 (available 24/7)
Customer Happiness Centers: According to announced working hours of the Customer Happiness Centers
Smart App: available 24/7
Contact Director-General: Website (available 24/7)
Website: www.ica.gov.ae (available 24/7)
Ask Hamad: Website (available 24/7)
Social Media: ICA_Help & Facebook Twitter (available 24/7)
- Customer Happiness Centers: As per the announced working hours.
- Smart Services (Website/Mobile Application): Available 24/7
- Typing Centers: As per the announced working hours of the centers
Obtaining service information
- Selecting the favorite channel to inquire about service procedures.
- The application will be filled through the favorite channel (customer happiness centers, ICA smart apps or printing offices)
- Paying the Fees
Communication during processing
- The customer will receive an SMS, confirming that the application is received and indicating the next steps the customer must take.
- Completing the required actions (taking fingerprints and personal photo) for those over 15 years old.
- Completing the residency issuance procedures.
- An SMS will be received indicating the status of the application.
- The customer will receive an SMS from Empost telling the customer to visit the post office identified by the customer when he/she submitted the application, to receive the ID card.
Obtaining the service
- The ID card will be received from the post office, for if the transaction is submitted through other service channels.
- The ID card will be received from the customer happiness center for urgent service, within 24 from completing the requirements.