Obtaining a UAE ID card is mandatory for all UAE residents of all ages so long as a residency is issued to them by ICA
- Original of the passport
- Original of the valid residency permit, a residency under renewal or a valid residency for a person who has no ID card when the residency was issued.
- A personal photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) with a white background for those under 15 years old, the elderly and people with determination whose health condition does not enable them to visit service center, based on medical reports to that effect.
- Original of the birth certificate for those under 15 years old.
- Passport or UAE ID card of either parents (for those under 15 years old)
- Original of the diplomatic / consular card / membership card of international organizations for heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations existing in the country to be exempted from ID card issuance fees.
- A valid medical report from the Ministry of Health or UAE health authority to exempt people with determination or the elderly from ID card issuance fees.
- Original POA for the person acting on behalf of the customer, if the competent person is absent and the application is submitted by a third party
Details of the Fees
- AED 100: ID card issuance fees for 1 year
- AED 200: ID card issuance fees for 2 years
- AED 300: ID card issuance fees for 3 years.
- AED 40 Service Fees
- AED 150 Fees for Urgent Service.
- AED 30 Printing Offices Fees
Total fees required to issue the ID card per service channel
Customer Happiness Centers
- 1 year: 150 + 40 + 100 = AED 290
- 2 years: 150 + 40 + 200 = AED 390
- 3 years: 150 + 40 + 300 = AED 490
E-Form / Smart App
- 1 year: 40 + 100 = AED 140
- 2 years:40 + 200 = AED 240
- 3 years:40 + 300 = AED 340
- 1 year: 30+ 40 + 100 = AED 170
- 2 years:30+ 40 + 200 = AED 270
- 3 years:30+ 40 + 300 = AED 370
- The newborn customer shall be fined if he/she fails to submit ID card issuance application within 30 days from birth date. The fine shall be AED 20 per every day of delay, up to AED 1,000. Customers who meet the requirements for exemption will be exempted from administrative delay fees by submitting an exemption application.
- Heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations existing in the UAE are exempted from ID card issuance fees.
- The ID card is issued in 24 hours in case of registration through customer happiness centers (urgent service), after completing registration procedures by the customer.
- The ID card is issued within 5 working days in case of registration through other service channels, after completing registration procedures by the customer.
- Applications that cannot be processed for reasons ascribed to the customer(such as providing incomplete information or delay in payment) will be cancelled within 120 days from the application date.
Call Center: 600530003 (available 24/7)
Customer Happiness Centers:According to announced working hours of the Customer Happiness Centers
Smart App:available 24/7
Contact Director General: Website (available 24/7)
Website: www.ica.gov.ae (available 24/7)
Ask Hamad:Website (available 24/7)
Social Media: ICA_Help & Facebook Twitter (available 24/7)
- Customer Happiness Centers: As per the announced working hours.
- Smart Services (Website/Mobile Application) : Available 24/7
- Typing Centers: As per the announced working hours of the centers
- Preform Medical Examination and Receive the result “Fit”
- Register and Create a User name / Or Log in to Existing user
- Create Application and Pay Fees
- Complete fingerprint and Photo if required
- Complete Visa issuance Requirements
- Receive ID card
To view FAQ click here