Obtaining a UAE ID card is mandatory for all UAE residents, including GCC nationals meeting registration requirements.
- Original of valid passport
- Original of the customer’s valid GCC ID card (if the customer is over 21 years old) or either parent of the customer (if the customer is under 21 years old).
- A personal photo (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm) with a white background for those under 15 years old, the elderly and people with determination whose health condition does not enable them to visit service center, based on medical reports to that effect.
- Original of the birth certificate for those under 15 years old.
- Passport or UAE ID card of either parents (for those under 15 years old)
- A valid medical report from the Ministry of Health or UAE health authority to exempt people with determination or the elderly from ID card issuance fees.
- Original POA for the person acting on behalf of the customer, if the competent person is absent and the application is submitted by a third party.
- Original of the diplomatic / consular card / membership card of international organizations for heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations existing in the country to be exempted from ID card issuance fees.
- Providing one of the below documents to prove residency in the UAE:
1- Original of the document establishing that the applicant is a first-degree relative of a citizen (father, mother, husband, wife, children) such as the family book, birth certificate or marriage contract. an similar documents, along with the originals of identity documents of the citizen (family book, passport, ID card).
2- Original of the valid trade license.
3- Original of a certificate proving the applicant studies in an approved school, college or university in the UAE.
4- Original of employment certificate issued by a UAE government authority, for government employees.
5- An employment agreement attested by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation for private-sector employees.
6- Proof of the residency of the customer, for children, using one of the documents set out above, for the customer himself or either parent.
7- Original document of proof of kinship with a GCC citizen working in the country, who is a regular student, investor, who has a real estate up to the second degree Kinship, along with the original ID card of the GCC citizen who wishes to register a relative with copies of the documents provided upon his own registration/renewal for the ID Card
8- Original document of proof of kinship with a resident of the country up to the second-degree kinship. With the original ID, passport and residence card valid for the resident who wishes to register one of his relatives.
Details of the Fees
- AED 100 Fees for issuing ID card for 5 years
- AED 40 Service Fees
- AED 150 Fees for Urgent Service.
- AED 30 Printing Offices Fees
Total fees required to issue the ID card per service channel
Customer Happiness Centers
- 5 years: 100 + 40 + 150= AED 290
E-Form / Smart App
- 5 years: 100 + 40 = AED 140
- 5 years: 100+40+30 = AED 170
- People with determination will be exempted from the ID card issuance fees.
- Heads and members of diplomatic and consular missions and international organizations existing in the UAE are exempted from ID card issuance fees.
- The ID card is issued in 24 hours in case of registration through customer happiness centers (urgent service), after completing registration procedures by the customer.
- The ID card is issued within 5 working days in case of registration through other service channels, after completing registration procedures by the customer.
- Applications that cannot be processed for reasons ascribed to the customer(such as providing incomplete information or delay in payment within 120 days from the application date) will be canceled.
Call Center: 600530003 (available 24/7)
Customer Happiness Centers:According to announced working hours of the Customer Happiness Centers
Smart App:available 24/7
Contact Director General: Website (available 24/7)
Website: www.ica.gov.ae (available 24/7)
Ask Hamad:Website (available 24/7)
Social Media: ICA_Help & Facebook Twitter (available 24/7)
- Customer Happiness Centers: As per the announced working hours.
- Smart Services (Website/Mobile Application) : Available 24/7
- Typing Centers: As per the announced working hours of the centers
Obtaining service information
- Selecting the favorite channel to inquire about service procedures.
Submitting service application
- The application will be filled through the favorite channel (customer happiness centers, ICA smart apps or printing offices)
- Paying the Fees
Communication during processing
- The customer will receive an SMS, confirming that the application is received and indicating the next steps the customer must take.
- Completing the required actions (taking fingerprints and personal photo) for those over 15 years old.
- An SMS will be received indicating the status of the application.
- The customer will receive an SMS from Empost telling the customer to visit the post office identified by the customer when he/she submitted the application, to receive the ID card.
Obtaining the service
- The ID card will be received from the post office, for if the transaction is submitted through other service channels.
- The ID card will be received from the customer happiness center for urgent service, within 24 from completing the requirements.
To view FAQ click here