The Government entities, based in Abu Dhabi, are currently eligible for identity verification services via the Abu Dhabi Government Portal (www.abudhabi.ae). Emirates ID cardholders are able to access select government services via the portal. The services available on the portal require the holder to sign in using his/her Emirates ID cards to confirm his identity. We at Emirates ID will verify that the information inputted by the Emirates ID card holder is authentic and matches the profile stored in our secure population registration repository.
If you would like to submit a request for this service, then please send an official letter addressed to the Emirates ID Director-General.
We aim to process your request in a timely manner and ensure that your data is accurately mapped. There is no charge for this service
There are three steps to verify identity:
For more information or help, please contact Emirates ID on 6005 30003.
Step 1 – To prepare your request, the steps are as follows:
- You are required to prepare a list of the records you require on a Microsoft Excel sheet
- Copy the Microsoft Excel sheet on to a CD-ROM
Step 2 – To submit your request, the steps are as follows:
- 3. Address and send the letter, along with the CD-ROM to the Emirates ID Director General via mail Address: Director General, Khalifa city 12th Street, near Al Forsan Resort
- If approved, we will communicate the requirements for you to enable this service and provide you with identity verification services via the portal
Step 3 – To receive the service, the steps are as follows:
- If your request has been approved, we will authorize access to our database which will enable you to verify the identity of your customers via the Abu Dhabi Government Portal
If you are a Government Entity, you will require the following information to access the service:
An official letter to request the service, which details:
- Your entity information
- Your contact information
- Government entity’s services which require verification of a person’s identity
You will receive a response to your request within 14 working days
- Enabling you to be more certain that your customers are who they say they are when they are purchasing restricted (e.g. age-restricted goods) and helping you avoid breaking the law
- Enabling some types of businesses such as banks to meet some key obligations e.g. anti-money laundering